The purpose of this ministry is essentially twofold: to educate and encourage Christians regarding authoritarian and abusive churches. We will attempt to teach Christians by:
- highlighting the danger signs of an authoritarian church
- unfolding the biblical teaching on authority and leadership
- sharing insights gleaned from the stories we've received
- examining and critiquing the doctrines, church structures and leadership conventions that facilitate legalism and authoritarianism
- encouraging all Christians to "speak the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15)
We hope to encourage and empathize with those of you who have experienced the damage and hurt caused by authoritarian churches. We have resources that may help you find healing and hope again. We have experienced firsthand the trauma of being slandered and demonized, the hurt of being betrayed by so-called friends, the stress of being in the middle of a church split, and the emotional strain of trying to reconcile your faith in God with the sufferings caused by some of His own people.
You are not alone! We are hear to listen to your "horror story", to pray for you, and to help you in any way we can.
Statement of Faith
Battered Sheep Ministry is a Christian organization. It is our goal and duty to faithfully uphold the revealed truths of Holy Scripture. For a summary of what we believe, click here.